DOC Areas>Colli Lanuvini>Towns
Genzano> Monuments
"Santissima Trinitư" Church

Construction's age
18th century

Corso Don Minzoni

from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30a.m. and from 15:00 p.m. to 19:00 p.m.

the church is at a distance of 100 metres from Piazza T. Frasconi. Park your car in via Galieti

Accessibility for Handicapped

Tourist signs
there is an explanatory board on site with the church's plan

Guided visits
call the municipal Cultural office for reservation. Phone number 06 9579010

the public library has guides and booklets on the town's monuments. Phone number 06 9362411
The "Santissima Trinitư" Church
The construction of the church began in 1781 and the first celebration took place in 1808. It is still a sign of the transformation of Genzano from village to modern town, as from the baroque characterizing the church of Santa Maria della Cima there is a spring to an architectonic language typical of the first Roman neoclassicism featuring this church. Later on it was consecrated to San Tommaso da Villanova.

The interior was designed by the architects Camporese. Very interesting are the two little chapels with stuccoworks and frescos of the school of the Camuccini (1771-1844); the other paintings come from the church of Santa Maria della Cima and from other religious buildings, and therefore this church constitutes a sort of summary of Genzano's 'artistic cultures'.

Back Top

Companies Search
DOC Areas
Colli Albani
Colli Lanuvini
  - Genzano
        - History's notes
        - Monuments
  - Lanuvio
<< Go to the previous page
Home | Introduction | DOC areas | Environment | Routes | The Art | The past | Feasts and exhibitions | Gastronomy | Companies | Wine's route