Velletri> Monuments
Church of Santo Antonio Abate
In 1463 the Convent and the Church were given to the Canon priests of Vienna belonging to the French Dauphin. They modified the previous structure to build a new construction more adequate to their religious order, and therefore part of the convent was transformed in guest-rooms and in hospital for laymen.

They were replaced by a Confraternity, ‘L'Università dei Mulattieri e Carrettieri' which transformed the church completely, eliminating the round stained glass window of the façade and demolishing the gothic windows and replacing them with a larger window. In its interior, the high altar was completely modified and the frescoes were covered with bright colours.

Back Top

Companies Search
DOC Areas
Colli Albani
Colli Lanuvini
  - Velletri
        - History's notes
        - Monuments
<< Go to the previous page
Home | Introduction | DOC areas | Environment | Routes | The Art | The past | Feasts and exhibitions | Gastronomy | Companies | Wine's route